My Self Search and Analysis

In going through and looking at both my Facebook and Instagram pages as well as doing a google search from an out of body viewpoint, I came across much information about myself that is available to the public. Most of the stuff I knew about, since I’m fairly meticulous about what I post on my socials that I use often, yet there was some stuff that I had no idea people had access to or that would be available about me.

On my Instagram there are many things that are prevalent and that I curated in the public’s eye. It’s pretty obvious where I go to school and where I used to go to school as well as where I now live and used to live. Also included are my extracurricular activities as well as what I like to do in my free time and with my family. In my posts I have many of my new and old friends tagged and I am tagged in many posts as well where it can be seen who my friends are and were.

My Facebook is a bit of a different story since I haven’t really used it to post about my life since probably 2012. Most of the content found on my Facebook comes from other people’s content that I am tagged in (mainly from my mom). However, via my Facebook, my specific D.O.B and town where I grew up are available, as well as my previous work experiences, phone number, gender, age, relationship status, and who my family members and relatives are. I remember setting a lot of this up to so it’s not like they compiled it for me, I voluntarily gave this information out to the public.

Finally, I did a basic one page Google Search of myself and just typed in “Jacob Janik” and a couple results regarding me came up. On images the only picture of me that is actually me is my old twitter profile pic, but that’s about it. On the search itself, my LinkedIn page comes up, my profile on “eliteprospects.com” comes up (which I had no clue I had to this day), as well as my Spotify account with all my playlists.

I wasn’t too surprised by much of this information, I just need to remember to be aware of everything that I am doing and being associated with in regards to my online presence.

Comments